Tuesday, June 21, 2005

/me reaches around to his back...

and feels wings start to sprout.

Some days, you feel like a friend turns into a guardian angel. Today, it's my turn to be one. The one I've been called to lives in England, and has seen more of the earthly underworld than anyone should ever have to. Addiction, dependence, you name it, he's been there. Sometimes, when I run into a person like this, I wonder why I've been picked out of six billion people to save this one person. But then, deep down, nothing is more satisfying than helping a lost soul find themselves again.

I had just realized that with addictions, the reason it's so hard to stop doing it (no matter what it is) is because any negative feelings that get pushed aside all come back to haunt you when you try to stop.

And yes, I know that's not quite coherent. I'll hash it out more when I have the time; consider the previous paragraph a stub to grow later.