Monday, November 21, 2005

Mmmmm.... I (heart) Lush!

The new Lush store is open over at Scottsdale Fashion Square, and I have but one thing to say about it:

DAMN, I love this stuff!

I picked up a bar of their Karma soap, and Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo. Both are utterly wonderful. The Karma scent is very citrusy, and has a lot of patchouli in there; I don't like the smell of patchouli but it hides very well in the Karma blend. The scent sticks around for a long time... after a day at a recent Renaissance festival, friends were still commenting that I smelled really good. I've noticed that hugs from people last much, much longer, mostly because their nose is now buried in my shoulder and they're giving me a really good sniff. God help me the next time I'm around my friend Gypsy; she'll be gnawing on me for hours. The soap is a beautiful bright shade of orange, too. It makes a nice contrast to the blues-and-greens color scheme I went with in my bathroom. And it cleans really, really well. I don't think I'd recommend it for faces, but for a luscious whole body clean, you'll love it. Something I just noticed... I washed my hands with generic soap out of a hand dispenser, and somehow it amplified the Karma scent. Sweet.

Then there's the Cynthia Sylvia Stout. Lush, thank you from the bottom of my heart for realizing that not everyone out there wants to add tons of body and volume to their hair. Our dogs are now getting washed with Paul Mitchell shampoo because the Cynthia Sylvia Stout just works that well. You see, the main ingredient in CSS is Guinness beer. Yes, that means it's dark brown, smells toasty and malty, and then Lush gave it notes of lemon and a little cognac oil to make it even yummier. All the ingredients help to keep your hair from going POOF, and make it nice and shiny too. Now to pick up a tub of The Strokes conditioner... and some other yummy smelling soaps... and maybe a bath melt or three... and... and... and...

Now if only it wasn't 12 bucks for a 250 mL bottle of shampoo. Aie. At least it's one of those "little dab'll do ya" shampoos.