Sunday, August 28, 2005
Friday, August 26, 2005
Over at the fantastic resale venue Bookman's, one can find all sorts of interesting things... Indeed, things one has never seen before. This time, it was not merchandise, but mannerism. I had seen a gentleman pull a glass out of his pocket, fill it at the drinking fountain, and drink the contents. Quite a nice idea, I must admit... But odd enough that I don't recall ever seeing this before. If you decide to try this, I have but two words of advice: don't trip.
1) A friend of mine decided that he doesn't want to go to a concert in Vegas alone, and invites me at the last minute. This is not likely (he has about three hours to finalize the plan with me), but possible. In case you're wondering, the concert is Backstreet Boys. I wouldn't be my first pick, but it does invoke my Rule of Concert Going: Unless you completely, utterly hate the band, if someone offers to take you to a concert, just go. You'll have a wonderful time. Since I don't utterly hate the Backstreet Boys, if he wants to take me, I'll gladly go.
2) I wake up early Saturday morning, do an odd job of checking people in for a medical seminar at the Ritz-Carlton, meet up with a different friend of mine, go have lunch and watch The Aristocrats with him, possibly sneak in a swim and a nap, head up to *another* odd job where I'll be handing margaritas to conventioneers up at Fort McDowell Adventures, then head back into town, sing my heart out at karaoke (JJ's Cantina on Scottsdale north of McKellips) and try Evanescence's "Bring Me To Life" for the first time in public (eep!), hand out with friends after the bar closes, and stumble into bed so late it's early once more. Whew.
Either way, this weekend should be pretty darn fun. I'll let you know how it goes either way, and if I'm in Vegas, expect mobile picture goodness.
Monday, August 22, 2005
Friday, August 19, 2005
Wow, it's actually good. Roasted poblano corn chowder with a nice spicy bite to complement the sweetness of the corn (almost too sweet), spinach salad with bacon, hard-boiled egg, and roasted almonds; tasty pastas that are FOR ONCE al dente (and a mac n cheese that isn't neon orange!), the only weak point is the pizza. Fun game selection (i.e. they have DDR), and good prices (50 cents for three songs on DDR), now if only you didn't have to buy dinner in order to play the video games.
Thursday, August 18, 2005
Sunday, August 14, 2005
Friday, August 12, 2005
Sorry, I just ran out of paper
(It's been a crazy day!)
At Wells Fargo, I just get a very business-y screen saying that the machine is out of order.
Thursday, August 04, 2005
I just got hired on for a seasonal position at Fairytale Brownies. Thank you to the great people at Pridestaff over in Mesa. There is a certain perk to the job that is certainly unique. Some of you may be familiar with Starbucks's perk of giving all of its employees a complimentary pound of coffee every week. Fairytale Brownies does something similar... a half-dozen complimentary brownies every single day. So, if you need some chocolate solace, just let me know and I'll set you up ;-)
Wednesday, August 03, 2005
While driving down the freeway listening to a catchy tune, I had what may be a very brilliant and very ridiculous idea- a CD full of earworm songs. Nice thing is, if you get a song stuck in your head all you have to do is pop the CD in and it is guaranteed GONE. Only problem is that a different song will be very firmly lodged. So far I'm thinking of using:
- "There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" from Disney's Carousel of Progress
- "Katamari On the Rocks" from Katamari Damacy
- "Cruel Angel Thesis" from Neon Genesis Evangelion
- "Take a Chance On Me" by ABBA